3. There are over 19,000 place=farm tags, almost all of them (>18,000) nodes. Mostly they seem to indicate farms but sometimes they get used too enthusiastically for any group of buildings. It is generally agreed that this tag really doesn’t add any useful information and its use should be discouraged.
4. We have 36 generically named Poultry Farm or Poultry Houses copied from OS OpenData, which describes the farm but doesn’t actually name it!
5. A lot of farms in Herefordshire (which is where I mapped mostly for this project) don’t have the word Farm in their name. Is this the case elsewhere?
6. If Herefordshire is anything to go by road alignment in rural areas can be pretty poor.
7. Waterways traced from NPE are severely misaligned.
8. 5 and 6 might suggest themselves as future quarterly projects. Correcting them around farms I added certainly slowed down my output.
9. Don’t ask farmers to help you mapping during their busiest time of year! I got zero response from my approaches.
10. Most unusual name I found was Cold Comfort Farm. There are 4 of them in the UK and had a comic novel named after them
Herefordshire farmyards before and after: